Whether or not laser treatment can be performed on your eyes depends on a number of factors that needs to be assessed by our eyecare specialists at your initial consultation.
Although the majority of people who come to us are eligible for treatment, due to the high prescription levels we are able to treat, we may decline to treat you if the outcome cannot be accurately predicted or if laser eye surgery treatment is likely to cause complications to your sight. Your lifestyle and occupation may also be an important consideration.
In general, the suitability of our laser eye corrective surgery procedures for you depends on factors such as:
- The degree of optical error
- The thickness of your cornea
- The existence of any eye disease
- The size of your pupil
- Corneal mapping data
- Wavefront analysis results
You should ideally be able to answer YES to the following:
- Do you suffer from short-sightedness, long-sightedness or astigmatism?
- Are you over 18 years old?
- Is your prescription stable?
- Are your eyes healthy and free from any eye disease?
- Would you rather not wear glasses or contacts on a permanent basis?
Please note that this is only intended as a general guide and there are always exceptions. Detailed analysis of your eligibility for treatment using laser eye corrective surgery can only be achieved at your consultation
, but please call us if you wish to discuss the current condition of your eyes and their suitability for treatment on 0330 123 2020