Amblyopia (Lazy eye) Treatment at AccuVision
Often our first step
for Amblyopia treatment in adults is to first correct the underlying visual defect.
- In many cases this is because of a large difference in prescription between the two eyes, often with the good eye having no prescription at all.
- We find that while glasses and contact lenses correct the vision the best they can when worn, tolerance for full prescriptions and the intermittent nature of visual aids can limit the ability of the brain to respond to neural conditioning.
- It is a common myth that it is not possible to perform laser vision correction for someone who has a “lazy eye”.
- The limitations of many high street clinic technologies mean that most of the high and complex prescriptions causing Amblyopia are not treatable with some lasers. Our advanced technology and experience means we can treat many of these problems with laser vision correction and help you attain better vision.
- In some cases, where the lazy eye is caused by a squint or turn in the eye, muscle surgery or other forms of treatment may be recommended.
The second step
, when clinically suitable, is to start a Neurovision™
Neurovision™ – Vision therapy for Amblyopia
Neurovision™ treatment involves a clinically proven, non-surgical treatment for Amblyopia (Lazy Eye), a condition in which there is reduced best-corrected spectacle vision (i.e. when you are wearing your glasses or lenses) in one or both eyes. It uses a series of computer-based interactive programmes to train the brain to see sharper.
How does Neurovision™ for Amblyopia treatment work?
At your consultation, you will receive a comprehensive eye examination, looking at various aspects of your vision and eye health. Once we know all about your history and type of Amblyopia, our experienced team can guide you on suitability and best treatment plan. Neurovision™ training programme doesn't involve surgery or medication
Is Neurovision™ for Amblyopia Treatment right for me?
The Neurovision™ treatment is suitable for a wide range of people. Suitbaility for the treatment depends on the type and density of the Amblyopia, as well as other underlying eye health factors. Our experienced clinical team will need to perform a number of screening and baseline measurements and tests to confirm whether you are a good candidate and likely to benefit from the treatment plan.
How effective is the Amblyopia Treatment?
Once we know more about your type of Amblyopia we can guide on expectations for your vision and improvement. The average improvement for patients found suitable for treatment is more than 2 lines on the eye letter chart.
Are there any risks involved in Lazy Eye treatment?
With correct patient selection, there are no known risks, side effects or complications resulting from Neurovision™ for Amblyopia as it doesn't involve surgery or medication.
How long does the programme take?
The Amblyopia (lazy eye) treatment is usually around 30 minutes a session, completed at home 3 times a week, with a total of 30-50 sessions.
It will take approximately 3 months to finish the Neurovision™ treatment and you are monitored by us in clinic at various stages on your journey.
How quickly will I notice that my vision is improving?
You may start to notice a visual improvement in as little as 2 weeks.
What are the costs?
Initial consultation £150
Treatment package costs are available and depend on your tailored plan, you can discuss your vision and history with one of our Clinical Team who will then be able to guide on costs.
Talk to us, we can help.
To find out more about our services speak to the clinical team about your needs.
AccuVision team is not call centre based. We will use the information you provide here to direct your enquiry appropriately and your information is not used for unsolicited marketing or sold to third parties.