Amblyopia (Lazy eye) Treatment at AccuVision
Often our first step for Amblyopia treatment in adults is to first correct the underlying visual defect.
- In many cases this is because of a large difference in prescription between the two eyes, often with the good eye having no prescription at all.
- We find that while glasses and contact lenses correct the vision the best they can when worn, tolerance for full prescriptions and the intermittent nature of visual aids can limit the ability of the brain to respond to neural conditioning.
- It is a common myth that it is not possible to perform laser vision correction for someone who has a “lazy eye”.
- The limitations of many high street clinic technologies mean that most of the high and complex prescriptions causing Amblyopia are not treatable with some lasers.
Our advanced technology and experience means we can treat many of these problems with laser vision correction and help you attain better vision.
In some cases, where the lazy eye is caused by a squint or turn in the eye, muscle surgery or other forms of treatment may be indicated in improving the outcome.
The second step, if appropriate, is to start a NeurovisionTM training programme. You can read more about this here:
- NeurovisionTM training programme doesn't involve surgery or medication
- The NeurovisionTM treatment is suitable for a wide range of people. Its right for you if you:
- Are aged between 18 and 55 years old
- Have a low degree of short sight
- Have early Presbyopia (old-age eye related reading difficulties)
- Have Amblyopia (Lazy eye)
How effective is the Amblyopia treatment?
Although there is no guarantee, the average improvement is more than 2 lines on the eye chart.
Are there any risks involved in Lazy Eye treatment?
No, there are no known risks, side effects or complications resulting from NeurovisionTM for Amblyopia as it doesn't involve surgery or medication.
How long does the programme take?
- The Amblyopia (lazy eye) treatment is 30 minutes a session, administered 3 times a week.
- There are a total of 30-50 sessions.
- It will take approximately 3 months to finish the NeurovisionTM treatment.
How quickly will I notice that my vision is improving?
You may start to notice a visual improvement in as little as 2 weeks.
What are the costs?
Initial consultation £150
Package costs are available and depend on your tailored plan